Create Git Hub PagesUsing GitHub interface:
1. Go to Admin tab on your project, in the section GitHub Pages, click on the button Automatic Page Generator.
A markdown page will give a default template for your site, continue to layouts button.
2. Select a theme and publish. With the simplicity of GitHub, you're done. Site is online:
GitHub has created a new branch: gh-pages.
Integrate with Grails Doc
1. Switch to gh-pages branch
$ git checkout gh-pages
You'll notice all your folders present in master are gone, view is different
2. Create a grails app
3. Add doc structure following below example:
For the reference manual:
Note the name of the file start with numbering and subnumbering
For the script:
4. Generate doc
5. Copy links to github src from index.html + copy images from /resources to /img
6. Move generated doc (from target) to root
7. Open index.html and paste github src links
8. Switch back to master
$ git checkout master
As you can lot of manual step that could be package in a plugin...
To come SoonI shall write a plugin. Peter Ledbrooke started one a few years ago, it should worth packaging it.
Peter Ledbrooke blog on gh-pages and grails