I met Charles. Charles is an HTTP proxy that let you view all of the HTTP and SSL / HTTPS traffic between their machine (or phone) and the Internet. Here is a sample doc on how to configure it to view requests sent from your device.
http proxy set upTo set up Charles as a proxy for spying http traffic on your iPhone
- Go to Settings -> Wifi, on your wifi name select info
- Enter your IP + port 8888
- Open Charles on you mac
Note: Once you finished your work and you closed Charles app, remember to switch off the proxy settings otherwise your internet connection won't work.
SSL setupTo use Charles with SSL, simply:
- Get a certificate for your phone: open a browser go to http://www.charlesproxy.com/charles.crt
- Install it, you will be prompted to enter your passcode
- On your mac, go to Charles menu: Proxy ->Proxy settings… -> SSL tab and the https address (for ex: account.google.com:443) or a generic wild character
Charles you're a great friend though not an open source dude, you have a license fee. If you're looking on open source side you have Wireshark option, but on mac it means installing X11 separately and a bit more work to configure SSL.